1. ELIGIBILITY: Entrants must be legal
residents of the 50
2. ENTRIES: Beginning July 13, 2010 at 12:01 AM (ET) through August 10, 2010 at 11:59 PM (ET) (the “Promotional Period”), participants must go to www.oprah.com/deals, (the “Website”) and complete and submit the online entry form pursuant to the on-screen instructions. Limit (1) one entry per household for the O Lands’ End Gift Card Giveaway Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”). Multiple entries from the same entrant will be disqualified. Participants are limited to winning one (1) sweepstakes from Sponsor within any twelve (12) month period. Entries using macro, robotic, script or other forms of automatic entry will be disqualified. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, inaccurate entries. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address on the winning entry. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned by an internet service provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
3. WINNER SELECTION: One hundred (100) winners (the “Winners”) will be randomly chosen on or about August 13, 2010 by a representative of Sponsor from all eligible entries received throughout the Promotional Period. The decisions of the Sponsor will be final and binding on all participants in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. The odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received throughout the Promotional Period.
4. PRIZES: One hundred (100) winners will each receive a $100 Lands’ End gift card with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $100. TOTAL APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”) of $10,000. No substitutions, partial acceptance, transfer of prizes or cash redemptions permitted by Winner. The prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. Winners are solely responsible for all expenses not expressly provided for above. Winner is solely responsible for the reporting and payment of all federal, state and local taxes incurred by acceptance and use of the prize (or any portion thereof), if applicable.
5. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Entrants must have valid e-mail address and it is entrant’s responsibility to update Sponsor of any change in e-mail address. All federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor, Harpo, Lands’ End and their respective agencies to use Winners’ name and/or likeness, biographical material and/or entry (including an altered form of the entry) for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. In order to claim the prize, Winner: (i) must each meet all eligibility requirements, (ii) may be required to produce proof of identity, address and birth date, and (iii) must execute and return certain winner documents (as applicable), including an affidavit of eligibility, tax acknowledgment form, liability release and, except where prohibited by law, use of name and likeness releases. Such documents must be completed in full and returned within five (5) days of issuance either via facsimile or US registered mail. Failure to do so or if: (i) any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, (ii) Winner declines his or her prize, or (iii) a potential Winner is determined to be ineligible for any reason, will result in disqualification of such Winner and an alternate winner may be selected by random drawing at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will use reasonable efforts to pick an alternate winner but in the event an alternate winner cannot be determined, the prize will not be awarded.
By accepting prize, Winner agrees to hold Sponsor, Harpo, Lands’ End and their respective advertising and promotion agencies, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representative agents, successors, assigns, officers, directors, and employees (collectively, the “Released Parties”) harmless from liability for any injury, disability, loss or damage to any person or property (including allergic reactions and/or death) relating to, caused by or claimed to be caused by participation in the Sweepstakes (including the manner in which the Winner is selected and confirmed), the delivery and/or subsequent acceptance, use or misuse of any of the prizes or services awarded and claims based on copyright, trademark, publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. The Released Parties are also not responsible for: (i) any loss (financial or otherwise), liability, injury (including death) or damage to persons or property which may be caused directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the use or misuse of any prize items provided (including any travel or activity related thereto), or (ii) any loss (financial or otherwise), injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from downloading any material from the Website, regardless of whether the material was prepared by Sponsor, Lands’ End or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to the Website by a hypertext link. The Released Parties further assume no liability either for the cancellation, modification or premature conclusion of the Sweepstakes for any reason or through the acts or defaults of any company or person providing any prize. All such losses or expenses must be borne by the affected participants and/or Winner.
6. INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. Sponsor is not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to select a Winner from among all eligible entries received as of the termination date. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten or harass other entrants. Caution: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law.
8. OFFICIAL RULES AND/OR WINNER’S LIST REQUESTS: For a copy of the Official Rules and/or the Winner’s name, either log on to the Website or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the following address beginning August 13th, 2010.: (Please specify "Official Rules" and/or “Winner”) “O Lands’ End Gift Card Giveaway Sweepstakes”, c/o Hearst Communications, Inc., 300 W. 57th Street, New York, NY 10022. Requests received after October 31, 2010, will not be honored. Vermont residents may omit return postage on Official Rules requests.