1. HOW TO ENTER: ELLE Fandango Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”). Go to elle.com/fandango starting October 18, 2016, at 12:01 AM. ET, ending November 14, 2016, at 11:59 PM ET, on a computer or wireless device and complete and submit the entry form pursuant to the onscreen instructions. Important Notice: You may be charged for visiting the mobile website in accordance with the terms of your service agreement with your carrier. Please consult your wireless service provider regarding your pricing plan. You must use a Smartphone device to participate via your mobile phone. Not all mobile phone providers carry the necessary service to participate. Check your phone capabilities for specific Internet instructions. If your data usage exceeds what is allotted by your data plan, you could be subject to additional fees by your carrier. Please contact your mobile service provider with any questions regarding your bill.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who have reached the age of majority in their state or territory at the time of entry. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law. Employees of Hearst Communications, Inc., Fandango Media, LLC (“Fandango”), each of their respective parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, and prize suppliers (and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same of household of each such employees whether legally related or not) are not eligible.
3. ENTRIES: Limit one (1) entry per person and per e-mail address per day. Multiple entries from the same person on the same day will be disqualified. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. Inaccurate, lost, late, misdirected or incomplete or entry forms that have been tampered with will be disqualified. Entrants must have valid email address and it is entrant’s responsibility to update Sponsor of any change in email address. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned by an internet service provider, online service provider, carrier, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning the email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
Winners/Prizes and Approximate Retail Value: One hundred (100) winners (individually and collectively, the “Winner”) will each receive a Fandango promotional code (“Fandango Promotional Code”) that can be used to redeem a pair of movie tickets on www.fandango.com or via the Fandango mobile app, fora Fandango partner theater in the U.S. (approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each: $40). Total ARV for all prizes awarded: $4,000. Any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value of the prize will not be awarded in any form.
Fandango Media, LLC (“Fandango”) Terms and Conditions: Each Winner will receive a Fandango Promotional Code via e-mail valid for a pair of movie tickets to be used at a Fandango partner theater in the U.S., at any showing including those designated as “no coupons, no passes” in local theater listing guides (ARV: $40). Fandango promotional code must be redeemed by 3/31/2017, and is void if not redeemed by the expiration date. Both tickets must be purchased together in the same transaction for the same movie and showtime. Only valid for purchases made at www.fandango.com or via the Fandango mobile app for Fandango partner theaters in the U.S. and cannot be redeemed directly at any Fandango partner theater box office. If lost, cannot be replaced. No reproductions will be accepted. No cash value. Not valid with any other offer. Not for resale; void if sold or exchanged. If movie tickets with Fandango’s convenience fee included are more than maximum value of the Fandango Promotional Code, then user must pay the difference. Any price difference between movie ticket(s) purchased and maximum value of the Fandango Promotional Code will not be refunded. Neither Fandango nor Fandango Loyalty Solutions, LLC is a co-sponsor or sponsor of this promotion. The redemption of Fandango Promotional Code is subject to Fandango’s terms and conditions at Terms and Policies at www.fandango.com/Terms-and-Policies.
© 2016 Fandango Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
WINNER SELECTION: Winners will be selected within one (1) month of the last day of the Sweepstakes in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. In the event the Sponsor does not receive any eligible entries, the Sponsor has the right to cancel the Sweepstakes. Drawing will be conducted by ELLE Magazine, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified via e-mail at Sponsor’s discretion within one (1) month of the last day of the Sweepstakes which will contain a Fandango Promotional Code valid for a pair of movie tickets to be used at a Fandango partner theater in the U.S. LIST OF WINNERS: For the name of the Winner, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to ELLE Magazine, Floor 11, ELLE Fandango Sweepstakes Winners’ List, Hearst Communications, Inc., 300 West 57th Street NY, NY 10019 within two (2) months from the end of the Sweepstakes.
4. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Expenses not specifically included in prize description and all taxes are the sole responsibility of Winner. No transfer, assignment or substitution of a prize permitted. The Winner is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations. If the actual retail value of any Winner’s prize is $600 or more, the Winner must complete a W9 form and supply Sponsor with his/her social security number for tax purposes. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of the Winner for the actual value of the prizes received. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to a Winner who is unable or unavailable to accept or utilize the Prize. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decision of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes. By entering, Entrant grants permission for Sponsor, and any of its affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, and prize suppliers to use the entrant’s submission (including an altered form of the entry), if any, for editorial, advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Additionally, acceptance of the Prize by Winner constitutes permission for Sponsor and any affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, and prize suppliers to use Winner’s name and/or likeness and biographical material for editorial, advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor is not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the Prize. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Winner. By entering the Sweepstakes, each Winner agrees to release, indemnify, discharge, and hold Sponsor, Fandango, its advertising and promotion agencies, prize suppliers and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representative agents, successors, assigns, officers, directors, and employees harmless for any and all claims, liability, costs, losses, damages, or injuries of any kind (including death) or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of the Prize.
5. INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the is not capable of running the Sweepstakes as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in Sponsor's sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Sweepstakes process in any way. Sponsor may prohibit an individual from participating in this Sweepstakes if Sponsor determines that said individual is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten or harass other individuals who participate in the Sweepstakes. Caution: Any attempt by an individual to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such individual to the fullest extent of the law.
6. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, you agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in New York, NY, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' and/or experts' fees and costs; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"), and (4) you hereby waive all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. New York State law, without reference to New York’s choice of law rules, governs the Sweepstakes and all aspects related thereto.
Fandango and its parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries are not a sponsor or co-sponsor of this promotion and are not responsible for the promotion, administration or execution of this Sweepstakes.