NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING
YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION TO O, THE OPRAH MAGAZINE. THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO O, THE OPRAH MAGAZINE AND ITS AGENCIES MAY BE USED FOR ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES WITHOUT ADDITIONAL COMPENSATION, UNLESS PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Comcast O YOU! TICKET GIVEAWAY SWEEPSTAKES: How To Enter: Beginning September 5, 2011 at 12:01 AM (EST) through September 30, 2011 at 11:59 PM (EST) (the “Promotion Period”), go to oprah.com/oyoutickets and complete and submit the entry form pursuant to the on-screen instructions. To enter the Sweepstakes, each entrant must fill out and submit the official entry form provided which may include, among other things, his/her full name, address (no P.O. Boxes), e-mail address, gender, date of birth and related registration information as prompted. Entrant must complete and submit the entry form with all required information for the entry to be eligible. Information collected from entrant via the entry form will only be used for direct marketing purposes if entrant consents to use in such manner. Any requested consent is not required to enter the Sweepstakes and will not increase your chances of winning. If you prefer, you may enter via mail by sending a postcard with your name, age, date of birth, complete address, telephone number and email address (optional) via first-class postage to: O, The Oprah Magazine, Attn: Vanessa Finnie, 300 West 57th Street, 18th Floor, New York, New York 10019. Mail entries must be postmarked by September 30, 2011 and received by October 5, 2011. Qualified mail-in entries will be included in the random drawing for the week in which they were received. Limit of one (1) entry per person, per week regardless of method of entry will be accepted. If your entry is not selected in any given week during the Promotion Period, your entry will automatically be entered into the next week’s drawing but you may not win more than once in this sweepstakes.
Winner Selection: One (1) winner will be selected each week during the Promotion Period in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. Drawings will take place once each week from entries received until 11:59 p.m. on each of the following Fridays: September 9,16, 23 and 30 from all qualified entries received during the Promotion Period for a total of four (4) drawings and four (4) winners. Drawings will be conducted on or about the following Saturday by O, The Oprah Magazine whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. Prizes & Approximate Retail Value: One (1) winner from each of the weekly random drawings, four (4) winners total, will receive two (2) tickets to O, The Oprah Magazine’s signature event, O You! scheduled to be held on Saturday, October 15, 2011 in Atlanta, GA (ARV: $250.00). This prize does not include travel or accommodations. In the event that O You! Atlanta is cancelled or postponed for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to award a prize equal retail value with no further obligation to the winner. Each of the four winners will be notified via phone, e-mail or postal mail, at Sponsor’s discretion on or about September 30, 2011. Winner’s List: For a list of the winners’ names, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to O, The Oprah Magazine, Attn: Vanessa Finnie, 300 West 57th Street, 18th Floor, New York, New York 10019 by November 30, 2011. Illegible, incomplete, mutilated, postage due or mechanically reproduced entry forms or entry forms that have been tampered with will be disqualified.
2. ENTRIES: Except for those entries held over from the previous week’s drawing, there is a limit of (1) one entry per person, per week for the Comcast O You! Ticket Giveaway Sweepstakes (hereinafter referred to as the “Promotion”). Entries using macro, robotic, script or other forms of automatic entry will be disqualified. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. No mechanically reproduced entries permitted. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, misdirected, incomplete, inaccurate or postage due entries. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned by an Internet service provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who have reached the age of twenty one (21) in their state, at time of entry, unless otherwise stated in the specific Promotion. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor, its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, the independent judging organization and prize suppliers (and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same of household of each such employee) are not eligible.
4. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Online entrants must have valid e-mail address and it is the entrant’s responsibility to update Sponsor of any change in e-mail address. Expenses not specifically included in prize description and all taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Each prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied outside of manufacturer's limited warranty. No transfer, assignment or substitution of a prize permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize for an item of equal or greater value in the event an advertised prize is unavailable. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Promotion. Winners (and parent or legal guardian if winner is a minor) may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where legally permissible a Publicity Release within 7 days following the date of first attempted notification. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Guest of Winner must also execute a Publicity/Liability Release prior to ticketing and must possess valid photo I.D. Winner hereby further agrees that it will sign any documents necessary to transfer copyright of the entry to Sponsor within 7 days following the date of first attempted notification. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its agencies to use winner’s name and/or likeness, biographical material and/or entry (including an altered form of the entry) for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By participating in the Promotion, entrants agree to release Sponsor, OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network, Harpo, Comcast and each of their respective advertising and promotion agencies, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representative agents, successors, assigns, officers, directors, and employees harmless from any liability, loss, claim, injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Promotion or acceptance or use of the prize. Entrants also acknowledge that this Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, OWN, Harpo or Comcast. Sponsor is not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of the prize.
5. INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in a Promotion if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten or harass other entrants. Caution: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law.
6. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in New York, NY, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. New York State law, without reference to New York’s choice of law rules, governs the Promotion and all aspects related thereto.
7. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of these Promotions is Hearst Communications, Inc., 300 West 57th Street, New York, N.Y. 10019.