NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING
1. THE SEX AND THE CITY MOVIE TICKET INSTANT WIN GIVEAWAY (the “Promotion”): How to Enter: There are two (2) ways to enter: 1) Look for the Sex and the City 2 alphanumeric code (“Official Code”) in the June 2010 newsstand issue of Marie Claire Magazine, available at newsstands approximately May 5, 2010 until June 8, 2010, while supplies last. Exact dates may vary depending on newsstand. Beginning May 5, 2010 at 12:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) through June 8, 2010 at 11:59 PM ET, go to www.marieclaire.com/sexandthecity (“Promotion Site”) (i) enter the Official Code, (ii) once the Official Code has been validated, complete and submit the entry form pursuant to the on-screen instructions and (iii) press “submit” to see if you’re a winner. If you are a winner, you will receive a message that has a link to the Hollywood Movie Money® site which will require you to re-enter your code, email address and zip code before you are able to print a certificate which can be redeemed at participating theaters for one (1) movie ticket (up to $12.00). If you are not a winner, you will receive a “We’re sorry, but you’re not a winner” message. There is no limit on the number of times you can enter; however, any Official Code may only be used once. Limit five (5) Official Code failed attempts per calendar day. If for any reason, you are unable to correctly enter your Official Code, you may enter via the mail. To enter the Promotion without an Official Sex and the City Code, send your complete name, address, email address, zip code, telephone number (including area code) and date of birth hand-printed on a 3 x 5 piece of paper in an envelope with proper postage affixed to: Sex and the City 2 Instant Win Giveaway Entry, 19th floor, 300 West 57th Street, New York, NY 10019. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by June 8, 2010 and received by June 13, 2010. Enter as often as you wish by mail; however, there is a limit of one (1) entry per stamped outer mailing envelope. Only mail-in entrants who are deemed to be winners will be contacted. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received and are the same regardless of method of entry.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50
3. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES: Ten thousand (10,000) Grand Prizes: Each winner will win one (1) ticket to see the movie, Sex and the City II. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $12.00 each. Total ARV of all prizes: $120,000. Sex and the City II opens in theaters on May 28, 2010. All winners must redeem their certificates for a movie ticket at a participating theater by June 30, 2010. Any costs and expenses associated with prize receipt and/or use that are not expressly stated above as being provided are not included in the prize package and are the responsibility solely of each Grand Prize winner. Tickets are subject to terms and conditions specified thereon. Released Parties will not replace lost or stolen tickets once they are in the Grand Prize winner’s possession. Each Grand Prize winner is responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes. Each prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. No transfer, assignment or substitution of a prize permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) for a prize of comparable or greater value, in its sole discretion. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Limit one (1) prize per household. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
4. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Grand Prize winners who submit the Official Code online will be notified as indicated in Paragraph 1 above. Grand Prize winners who enter by mailing in their entries will be notified via email, mail, overnight delivery service and/or telephone. Sponsor’s inability to contact a potential Grand Prize winner within a reasonable time period may result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s discretion, selection of an alternate winner from among all nonwinning entries received.
5. ENTRIES: Entries, Official Codes and/or winning messages generated using macro, robotic, script or other forms of automatic entry or any means which subvert the entry process will be void. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. No mechanically reproduced entries permitted. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. If due to a printing, production, typographical, human, seeding, computer, technical or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to award the stated number of prizes at random from among all verified and validated prize claims received. In no event will Sponsor be liable for awarding more than the advertised number of prizes.
6. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Online and mail-in entrants must have valid e-mail address and it is entrant’s responsibility to update Sponsor of any change in e-mail address. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor and judges, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Promotion. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its designees to use winner’s name and/or likeness, and biographical material for advertising and promotional purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law. By entering, entrant agrees to release and hold Sponsor and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, and advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective agents, successors, assigns, officers, directors, and employees (collectively, “Released Parties”) harmless for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by participation in the Promotion or acceptance or use of any prize (including any travel or activity related thereto).
7. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: Released Parties are not liable for any entries, Official Codes, or prize claims which are lost, late, garbled, illegible, misdirected, delayed, stolen, damaged, incomplete, inaccurate or postage-due or any combination thereof, or for any technical hardware or software failures of any kind, any errors of any kind relating to or in connection with the Promotion, whether human, mechanical, clerical, electronic, network or technical in nature, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, or delayed computer transmission which may limit a user's ability to participate in the Promotion in any way, including without limitation the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information in connection with the Promotion. Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or the technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, software or hardware equipment, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or property related to or resulting from participation with this Promotion or for any other errors or problems of any kind, whether technical, computer, typographical, printing, human or otherwise, including but not limited to, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the processing of entries or prize claims, the announcement of the prizes or in any Promotion-related materials. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, or if the Promotion or the Promotion Site (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of the Promotion and processing of entries in accordance with these Official Rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in the Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Promotion or the granting of a prize or any component thereof, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action (and void all associated entries) and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Promotion or any portion thereof. In the event the Promotion is cancelled, and to the extent possible as determined by Sponsor, Sponsor will determine the winners for any unawarded prizes at random from among all eligible, non-suspect nonwinning entries received prior to the time of the action. In the event that Sponsor determines that there are no eligible entrants, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to not award the prizes (or any portion thereof). ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE (INCLUDING THE PROMOTION SITE) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user's Internet service provider and/or e-mail client or for insufficient space in user's e-mail account to receive e-mail. If a dispute arises about who submitted an entry on the Promotion Site, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account entered and he/she must be eligible according to these Official Rules. The authorized account holder is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider, or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be requested to provide the Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry (if applicable) and that all eligibility requirements are met.
8. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where
prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes
of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded
shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and
exclusively by state or federal courts situated in New York, New York, (2) any
and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket
costs incurred, and in no event will entrant be entitled to receive attorneys'
fees or other legal costs; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special,
consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may
be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"), and (4) entrant hereby
waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages
multiplied or increased.
9. WINNER’S LIST: For the names of the winners (available after July 31, 2010), send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to: The Sex & The City Ticket Giveaway, 300 West 57th Street, 34th Floor, New York, New York 10019 for receipt no later than August 1, 2010.
SPONSOR: Hearst Communications, Inc.,